Spelling bee

BA: "Thank you for calling british airways. Can I help you?"
me: Yes, I would like to change my flight.
BA: "What is your booking reference? Can you please spell? Please hold on while we confirm the details of your flight."

(music)

BA: "Thank you for holding. What's the name of the passenger? Can you spell? Please hold."

(more music)

BA: "Mam? You'll be charged with a fee higher than the one we informed you on our website because we are incompetents and we like to rob people. There will also be an additional $20 charge for changing your flight over the phone even though you couldn't do it online because our website doesn't allow you."
me: Fine... (i'm used to being robbed anyway)
BA: "I'll need your credit card information. Can you spell the card holder's name? Please hold."

(this music is starting to be annoying)

BA: "I need a billing address too. Oh, that's a really long address! Where is it... Portugal? Wow! (people singing "happy birthday to you" in the background) Can you spell that for me?"
me: y-o-u a-r-e u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-i-n-g-l-y m-o-r-o-n s-t-r-e-e-t
BA: "I'm sorry, is that 'F' as in 'fire'?"
me: No, it's 'S'... as in 'STUPID'
BA: "Thank you! Please hold."

(oh no!! not the music again...)

BA: "Thank you for holding. Unfortunately we won't be able to change your flight today and you will have to call us again tomorrow for some more spelling and some more delightful music. Can I be of any further assistance?"

No comments: