A midsummer's nightmare

On my way back home from Eastern Europe I had a sort of longish layover in London and decided to visit a friend and catch up. Little did I know that I was about to cross London 3 times in a less than 12 hours...

After a train ride and taking a London taxi in the middle of the night, passing a blurry The Gherkin on my way there, I finally arrive chez Dilly.



the two of us in her spacious living room


And at the break of dawn, after chatting for hours and sleeping only for a couple of them on her warm comfy bed, I'm on the top deck of a London red bus on my way back to Stansted airport, again...




arriving Liverpool Street Station


So far so good. What I wasn't counting on was with what I can only assume to be an overbooked flight. Not only Ryanair didn't allow me to board the plane, I was given no reasonable explanation for this and was asked over 100 pounds to rebook my flight.

Tired, angry and completely baffled, I ended up deciding to cross London one more time, during rush hour, in the hope of getting to Gatwick on time to catch a TAP Portugal flight. And I made it just in time...



And this is the story of how I will never set foot on a Ryanair plane ever again.

No comments: